For the low cost of $14.99 (single user license) or $49.99 (5 person multi-license) you can download this fabulous app and have it do the same EXACT thing that Apple TV would do. It allows you to wirelessly mirror your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC. Unlike other apps, you download it to your actual laptop or desktop instead of your device. Then by simply hitting the home button on your iPad (or iPhone) and swishing to the left, you activate AirPlay. Instantly, mirroring your device! Display it through your LCD projector and your entire class can see what you are doing.
So let's break it down....
- Simply put - COST! At $14.99 you are saving almost $85 compared to the Apple TV.
- Ease of installation and use. You can purchase, install and implement all without ever leaving your desk and within 10 minutes. Try to make it in and out of an Apple Store in that time!
- Features - did I mention you can record what your doing to save for later? Imagine the possibilities! Allow students to access a lesson even after it's done.
- You can download it on either a Mac or PC.
- Sometimes the connection is dropped. But for the amount of times I use this product and the number of times this has actually happened it really doesn't matter. Plus, from what I hear, the Apple TV has the same issue.
- You can only connect either an iPhone or iPad - no other devices. For me, not that big of a deal since my school is an Apple product school. But for others who are not, this app would not work for you.
Any other fabulous apps that you have found that work the same way? Share below!