Sorry I've been away from my blog for so long. But I have two really good reasons....I swear. I've been on maternity leave since March 5. We thought my daughter was going to make an early appearance from her due of 3/10/13. However, she fooled us all and didn't come until 3/18/13. So please welcome my newest daughter Kaidyn Leona Lyon. :-) Her older sister, Kenzie, who is 22 months old has been a big help to me while I've been on leave. When not actually assisting me, she is keeping me amused with her antics. Needless to say, I've been quite busy.....and tired.
|Kaidyn Leona - 3/18/13|
|Kenzie Marie - 7/8/11|
BUT not so tired I would forget about the one week of the year in which teachers are recognized nationally. Here it is - TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK 2013! I love this week. It's always fun seeing companies and people alike honoring teachers for all the hard work they do. Here are just a few I've seen:
1. Lakeshore Learning Materials has a giveaway daily this week. Enter them here.
2. Chipolte is offering a buy one get one free on Tuesday after 4pm. I love Chipolte. You just need to make sure you bring your teacher ID.
3. Teachers Pay Teachers is having a two day sale and depending on the store you can save up to 28%. (My store is 28% off - take a look)
4. Teachers Notebook is also having a sale. And while there, you can enter to win a $100 gift card to Oriental Trading every day! Check it out. Who doesn't like to win $100 to that store?!? (My store is on sale there too!)
5. One of my favorite stores, New York and Company is offering 30% off for Teachers on May 8 in-stores.
6. Donor Choose is matching gifts if you enter the code "Treat" when donating to a project.
7. Horace Mann is giving away a summer relaxation kit. It includes some awesome prizes - check it out here.
These are just a few I know about.....do you know of any more? Post them below in the comments.
While I've been on leave, I've also been a baking machine. Cookies, cakes, lemon bars (we have a lemon tree in our backyard), you name it I've been making it. It's amazing I'm not 100 lbs heavier than when I started this leave of absence. However, in all my baking I came across the best recipe ever! And the best part, there is no baking involved. I wish I remembered where I got the recipe but I don't. But I must simply share with you all! If you love or even like Reeses Peanut Butter cups, you'll love these!
To make these Knock-Off Peanut Butter Cups you'll need the following:
- 3 cups of corn flakes - crushed (I use knock off corn flakes)
- 1 cup of crunch peanut butter (I've used regular too)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 6 ounces of chocolate chips (I find the milk chocolate chips are the best!)
- Heat the peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup on low heat to melt.
- Stir in the corn flakes. Mix together well.
- Pat into an 8x10 pan that has been greased well.
- Melt the chocolate chips over low heat.
- Spread the melted chocolate on top of the corn flake mixture.
- Let cool. (I put my in the refrigerator to make this process go faster)
- Cut into square and ENJOY!
Good luck and thanks for all you do!
a Rafflecopter giveaway