Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

FlipSlips - - Affordable and Comfortable Shoes For On the Go Teachers

You'll understand this.  As a teacher, we are on our feet ALL DAY LONG!  More often than not, I'd go to work in heels and within a couple hours I will have kicked them off and thrown on a pair of flip-flops I have stashed under my desk. But it never fails, the minute I do that, in comes our Admissions Director with a prospective family. Every.single.time.

I've invested in the super cute ballet slippers that many teachers know about....but they do hit the pocketbook quite hard. And well....I am on a teacher's salary.  So when Esther from FlipSlips reached out to me and told me about their versatile ballet slipper, I was definitely willing to give it a go. I didn't know much about them. Except that they had the ability to fold in half, so I could easily throw them in my bag when it was go time.

I was super excited when the box arrived and I opened it up to see a nice pair of black ballet slippers along with three interchangeable straps.  Upon closer inspection, I saw that these ballet slippers had a slight cushion on the inside and the fabric they were made with appeared that they would be super easy to clean.  Since I was headed to Arizona on Spring Break the following day, I figured it would be the perfect place to give them whirl, as I knew I'd be on my feet running around with my family.

To say these shoes are comfortable would be an understatement!  I wore them for about 13 hours while we did a variety of activities (all which seemed to involve walking) and the one thing that made all the difference in the world from my normal ballet slippers was the fact these were cushioned. I liked it so much that even when we got home, I kept them on.  Walking around in the desert dust didn't ruin them either. All I had to do was take a damp rag and wipe them clean.

Let's break down the pros and cons of these shoes.

Pros:

  • SUPER comfortable and cushioned
  • Interchangeable ankle straps in different colors and lengths
  • Fold in half so you can easily carry them in your purse
  • The price!  I'm used to paying easily 4 times the amount for my other name brand ballet slippers I buy.  So the $50 price tag on these is EXTREMELY enticing! 
Cons:
  • Current available color is only black. Don't get me wrong - I love black. But I love also wearing a pop of color on my feet too.  But the good news is, they are working on that and will soon be releasing their rainbow collection in a variety of colors
  • The straps - I like them. But you have to find the perfect fit or they can start to rub your ankles the wrong way.  Once you figure out the appropriate setting on the strap you are good to go but it make take a few times of wearing them.
I really encourage my fellow teachers to check FlipSlips out!  You may just end up buying a pair in every color once they are released. :-)

Be sure to check out their Kickstarter Page.

1 comment:

  1. I always use socks while doing yoga. I used many socks, as I am doing yoga since 2009. They were never that much long-lasting or non-slipper. I got best yoga socks now,
    they are really comfortable and do the work just as they claimed. Very comfortable to wear, cotton socks and to wash too! The best part about them is, I got various kinds of socks here, such as- half-toe, finger-separated, banded etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...