Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Techie Thursday (delayed): AppsGoneFree

I'm a little late on my Techie Thursday but was so excited about this find that I couldn't wait until next week.  So without further adieu here it is.   Have you heard of AppsGoneFree?  This awesome little app gives you a DAILY list of what paid apps are on special for FREE!

Unlike AppGratis or other ones of it's kind, AppsGoneFree will list more than one app.  As of today, there were 11 apps that were listed for free.  You can also look at past dates and see what apps were free and if they are still available for free, you find that out as well.  

The apps range from educational to art to productivity.  For example, today I was able to download Fiete, which is an interactive picture book that helps children work on their fine motor skills.  Perfect for my 19 month old WHO loves fooling around with the iPad. 

For my students in 5th grade, I downloaded Mozaikr, which will allow them to create mosaics from their photos.  This should be fun to use in art class - not quite sure what I'll do with it but hey I couldn't pass it up. 

It's definitely worth having the notifications sent to you on a daily basis as you never know what will come up.  

Have you ever heard of Apps Gone Free?  What is the best paid App you ever got for free?  What app do you think I should be on the look out for?

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Adventures in Room 129's great giveaway! I am your newest follower!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rae! Welcome - so glad to have you join me. :-)

      Delete
  2. What an amazing (and great idea!) for an app! I will definitely be checking this on a regular basis! Thanks for sharing this is a great resource!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Amanda! Hope you find it as useful as I do. :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...