This year, I was determined to get a drying rack so I no longer had to have papers strategically placed throughout the classroom to dry after the students used either paint or something other medium that could possibly smudge. Plus, I can't stand having miscellaneous papers left on a student's desk unless it's being used. I like things to be very neat and organized, so when I got the Sax Stack-a-Rack Drying Rack for my classroom, I knew it would be perfect! This awesome product can be found on Amazon or at the Learning Outlet for under $100.
In order to better assist you, I broke down the pros and cons of this product for a quick review:
- 25 shelves
- stackable so you can buy more than one and stack them on top of each other
- Can be hung on the wall or put on wheels (I have my on wheels so I can move it about the classroom)
- The perfect size for art projects on paper 11x17 or smaller
- Doesn't take up a lot of room which is a huge plus when you have limited space in your classroom
- Only $85.49 on Learning Outlet and you get FREE SHIPPING!
- It came already assembled - all I had to do was throw the wheels on.
- The shelves do not lift up. Sometimes it is hard to see what shelf you are using and if there is a smaller piece of paper already there.
- It only comes in red. This worked for me since my classroom I use bold primary colors. However, there are a lot of teachers who use softer pastels. But upon further inspection, I believe you could easily spray paint this to match your color scheme.
Despite those cons, I still award this product 4.5 out of 5 stars. It would have received 5 stars in the shelves were able to flip up. But hey - for $86 this is one awesome product!!
Next week's product: Really Good Stuff Chair Pockets